All pups MUST complete a pup evaluation before playing or staying with us.
Our pup evaluation is designed to introduce your pup to our pack. We strive to provide a fun, safe, open pack recreational environment for the pups that come to stay or play at our facility. Being open pack means that we don't crate or cage the pups that visit us (unless owner requested). Instead, pups are allowed to play and sleep freely with their pack mates, or where ever they are most comfortable. This requires us to carefully observe how well a pup plays with the pack to prevent any undue stress on a pup or prevent pups that play too rough from causing potential injuries.
Pup evaluation are held periodically and only on Saturdays.
For more information about our services or to find out when our next pup evaluation is, please fill out the Contact form or call 508-726-1742.
At All about the Pup, we separate dogs based on age, size, and/or temperament. We welcome dogs of all activity levels in our playgroups. All dogs aged 1 year and older are required to be spayed/neutered, as intact dogs run the risk of being singled out by other dogs during play. This policy will ensure we have a happy, healthy, non-competitive environment for all dogs in our care.
Puppies 12 months of age and younger are required to complete basic obedience training prior to using our daycare and boarding services. We’ve found that pups, especially young ones, play and behave much better in an open-pack environment. We do not require that the dog complete training at our Training Academy, just that they have completed some training. Once training is complete, we will then schedule a playgroup evaluation.
Dogs are also required to be up-to-date on their Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus, Bordetella (kennel cough), Leptospirosis (suggested), and Canine Influenza (suggested) vaccines. We recommend that all dogs use a flea- and parasite-control product, but please do not apply these products on the day your dog attends daycare. We require a copy of your dog’s vaccination records before your playgroup placement appointment.
Your dog’s health and safety at our facility is most important to us. We do not allow aggressive horseplay during playtime, however, minor injuries may occur. In the event that your dog becomes sick or injured, our staff will assist them immediately to ensure their safety. You or your emergency contact will be alerted of the situation and we will seek additional medical attention for your dog if necessary.
The following vaccinations are required:
Rabies: Per Massachusetts State law, every dog must have a current Rabies vaccine. Your Veterinarian will give your dog either a 1- or 3-year vaccine. Either is acceptable. Check the listed “due date” on your Rabies Certificate issued by your Veterinarian.
Distemper & Parvovirus: These vaccines are typically given together in a “combo” vaccine (ie. DHLPP, DHP, DAP, D2APV). They may also be given and listed separately on your shot records. Both must be up to date before arrival. If you are uncertain about deciphering the abbreviations of your “combo” vaccine, please give us a call.
Bordetella (Kennel Cough): Your Veterinarian may, or may not, give this vaccine as a course of your dog’s normal care. We do require that Bordetella be given within the past 12 months. If it has not, the vaccine must be done at least 5 days prior to arrival at our facility.
Leptospirosis: We are suggesting this vaccine be given annually. Leptospirosis is still active in this region of the country and can be transmitted to human caregivers as well as other dogs. This vaccine may be given separately or as part of a Distemper/Parvovirus “combo” vaccine.
Canine Influenza: We are suggesting this vaccine be given annually as well. Canine Influenza is not seasonal, like the human flu, and is highly contagious.
Attendees of our services may also be required to show proof of a negative annual fecal test.
- Our daycare playgroups are held:
- Monday to Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday – No daycare
- Daycare is by reservation only; all pups must be scheduled in advance to play.
- All pups must arrive with a standard collar and leash; no retractable leashes or prong collars.
- No outside toys or treats are allowed in our playgroups; we have pack friendly toys for the pups to play with.
- Lunch and/or dinner service is available upon request; owners must provide food pre-portioned.
- We respectfully request a 24-hour notice for daycare reservation cancellations; frequent cancellations or missed appointments may result in revocation of future reservations.
- Sleepover check-in hours:
- Monday through Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday – 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Check-outs are by 12:00 p.m. on the last day of the sleepover; an additional half-day daycare fee is applied for check-outs between 12:00 p.m. and end of day (see lobby hours).
- Please pre-package food by meal and include clear feeding instructions.
- Please package any medications separately, with clear instructions, and only include what is needed for the duration of the stay.
- We have plenty of pack friendly toys for the pups to play with during their stay; please keep your pup’s toys at home.
- We provide recyclable feeding bowls for all pups staying and playing with us. We also provide slow-feeder bowls (available upon request).
- Clean, soft bedding is included with your pup’s stay, but we can also accommodate your pup’s bedding.
- We do not crate pups that stay unless it’s requested by you. If your pup is a crate sleeper, please provide us with your pup’s crate. We do have a limited number of crates for use, but one may not be available during heavy boarding times.
- An additional $10 holiday fee is applied to the daily rate for the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- There are no pick-up or drop-off hours on the holidays listed above.
- Any boarding packages MUST be purchased prior to or during check-in to receive the discount rate.
- Dog Walking hours:
- Monday through Friday – Starting at 10:30 a.m. and Starting at 2:30 p.m.
- Pup Bus hours:
- Monday through Friday:
Pick-ups starting at 9:00 a.m. and Drop-offs starting at 3:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday:
- An initial in-home visit is required before enrolling in service(s).
- Pup Bus service only available for transport to and from All about the Pup for All about the Pup services.
- Pup Bus mileage is calculated from our 25 Brigham Street location.
- Owner is responsible for providing a key or passcode for entry at the initial in-home visit. If a key is not provided, owner is responsible for dropping one off at our 25 Brigham Street location during our normal buiness hours.
- Any changes or cancellations must be made by 3:00 pm on the business day prior to service.
- Payment card must be kept on file at All about the Pup.
- There is no service during inclement weather.
- There is no service on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.